Keeping our home safe is the number one priority for most families. However, although most people secure their homes, garages can be less of a priority.
With most garages packed full of expensive gardening equipment, tools, sports equipment and bikes, it proves a popular target for thieves. Don’t overlook your garage’s security. Read our top tips below to keep your garage safe from thieves.
- It sounds silly, but lock any doors leading into the garage and especially those from your garage to your house
- Make life difficult for a thief by using good quality locks and alarms
- Install some security lights around your garage doors
- Chain expensive equipment together or make it too heavy to take away
- Keep an inventory of everything you store in your garage including serial numbers and photos of the most expensive items
- Use prickly plants on your boundaries to act as a deterrent
- Try security marking your property for easy to carry off items such as bikes
Don’t make it easy for thieves and becomes another statistic.